Sunday, November 9, 2014

We are not accidents




Day 2: You Are Not an Accident

I can say so many things about this chapter, but I will focus on the part where the text asks Why did God do all this (5th paragraph, page 24). The answer is given from the Bible. “God is love”. God made us so that He could love us.

If I have read this many years back, I might have difficulty understanding. But now that I have been a father thrice over, I think I am not clueless anymore.
A child is a serious matter. He/she is a concern that demands 24/7.  And that’s not only for a day. He/she is a concern yesterday, today and tomorrow. A child is a commitment. Despite all these fearsome responsibility, why do we parents co-create a child once, twice, thrice?

I remember one night when my children were sound asleep and I and my wife were just starting over our family. The children came one after the other (I didn’t know why or maybe I did) and it was really hard on us couple then. But seeing them lying there so peaceful and so immaculate, I couldn’t stop my tears. I felt so blessed. Blessed that I felt that feeling. That feeling that could only be love. I knew then that I would do everything in my power to take care of them.


God said “I made you and I will take care of you” (Isaiah 46:3-4). I said that, too, to my children that night. I knew they were not accidents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment